Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is the best broadhead to use for coyote hunting? Mechanical or not? Grain? Brand?

I have a PSE Impala recurve bow with a 50lb draw.What is the best broadhead to use for coyote hunting? Mechanical or not? Grain? Brand?
Shooting a recurve is a lot different than shooting a compound, and arrow flight is a basically the same, just slower.


A 100 grain fixed blade would be my choice, depending on your arrows.


I have tried mechanical type broadheads, and don't care for them.


Go with your preference of 2 blade with bleeder blade, or 4 blade.


EIther will work, it will depend on your own personal preference and what your style likes the most.


Good Luck!What is the best broadhead to use for coyote hunting? Mechanical or not? Grain? Brand?
It depends, you should go to your local bow shop.





I shoot a carbon arrow with a long draw鈥o I use a heavy broad-head to balance things out. If you have a shorter draw, and are using aluminum arrows, I would go with a lighter head. Just what grain depends on brand, and local selection.





mechanical ?





I am of the school of thought, if it ain鈥檛 broke... don鈥檛 fix it. I use a fixed head and know it will always be open when I need it. If you trust the mechanical heads鈥reat. I do not.





Mechanical will give you better long rage accuracy.
There is no best broadhead. Use whatever you would use for deer. It is personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment