Saturday, August 21, 2010

What all items would i need for succesful coyote hunting?

I may be wrong (I'm sure someone tell if I am) but I thought it was illegal to shoot coytes. I think farmers can get exemptionsWhat all items would i need for succesful coyote hunting?
Different kinda of coyote hunting:





1.) you can hunt with trained coyote hunting dogs.


2.) You can bait them


3.) you can call them





I have hunt coyotes both baiting and calling. 2 years ago my dad did a caribou hunt and between him and his friend they got 4 big bulls. We took what we need then pilled the rest of the junk in the middle of a feild surronded by forest. We started calling with a rabbit squeeler and waited. I used my dads 270. win shooting 130 grain bullets while my friend used his dads 223. shooting 55 grain bullets. I got 2 coyotes and he got 1.





In 2-3 weeks we are going back and just calling them. Hopefully we will get some. What all items would i need for succesful coyote hunting?
Hungry dogs! Going somewhere where other dumbasses haven't been with cd's in cd players blasting squeals(Some of these dick heads drive around!!)


If you hunt where others have, then the dogs won't come in on the run,rather sneak approach.


Gun, reed caller,bino's...
Rifle, probably a .223 caliber, Ammunition, a call such as a dying rabbit. A scope about a 4X. Plenty of patience, as coyotes are very smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment