Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm just getting into hunting/shooting, any tips?

I live in Ontario Canada, out in country, I am getting a very nice gun ( remington 700 VTR ) .308, what tips can you give me to be a successful hunter?I'm just getting into hunting/shooting, any tips?
Make sure you know your hunters saftey and survival, and your way around your gun, and don't rush anything.I'm just getting into hunting/shooting, any tips?
The one problem I had was to be patient this is one of the things it take to be a successful hunter when I first started hunt I was I think around 8-9yrs old the first day i did fine i stayed in till my dad come and got me. The week after I was back in bed after 30min. Now I can hunt Morning till dark if I have time to. And I see way more animals also being still, scent prevention, gear, waiting on the deer or animal that you want to harvest. Their are many things that play in to all. And one of the big things LUCK if the animal is not going to walk by you that day then you cant try to shoot it.


P.S. Nice choice in rifle.
Take a hunters and or shooters safety course.





Take a survival course so the SAR teams to have to come get you





Never go alone





Have a smith teach you how to maintain your firearm





Think safe, act safe, shoot safe





I would rather not take the deer than take a risk of injury to myself or another.
Take a look here..... Its chuckhawks website.... Lots of good info...


http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2d.rifles鈥?/a>





Optics info


http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2i.scopes鈥?/a>





Be sure to look this over. It is geared more towards competition rifle shooting with .308 but the info is still quite valuable.....


http://www.6mmbr.com/308Win.html
u have to differentiate between animals and humans as your preys
Don't clean your gun while its loaded.
Try not to shoot yourself in the foot......

No comments:

Post a Comment