Friday, August 6, 2010

Best cat for hunting yard pests?

I really need a cat so i can have a companion and so it can get rid of gophers so i need to know the best hunting cat.Best cat for hunting yard pests?
Any cats are good for hunting down pests. You just need one thats energetic and pouncy. Also you probably need a cat that likes to be outside, snow, rain, hail or shine! xD Lol.Best cat for hunting yard pests?
My avatar cat is a 6 pound (soaking wet) dilute tortoise shell female and she has been dining on gophers all Summer long. And I can assure you that she had no help dispatching them all by herself.


I also have a 10 pound British shorthair male but he specializes more in mice. He hasn't the patience to stalk and wait out a gopher.
Almost all cats are a half step from being wild anyway, more so than dogs, I think. Go to the shelter and find yourself a nice kitten that seems interested in you, Let the kitten pick you, if possible. Do the shelter and yourself a favor, and get it fixed. (you may have to anyway, but it is the best investment you can put into your pet cat. )





Cats are great companions, and freinds. I have an orange tabby, and he's gotten kind of lazy, hunting wise. but my freind has a grey tabby, whose father was mostly Bobcat, and she is a hunter for sure.


We saw her dragging a rabbit that was as big as her down the driveway the other day.





I think you are right to choose a cat, I dont dislike dogs, but they are so much more needy and time consuming. You just end up being a slave to a dog. Not the situation with a cat, especialy a fixed one.


A lot of my freinds and family who own dogs are always saying they cant do anything or go anywhere for more than a day, because they have to be home for the dogs.
There really isn't a good hunting cat in my opinion.





If you want a pet to be a companion and get rid of yard pests get a small terrier dog. A Jack Russell Terrier or Patterdale Terrier would be a good choice.





Trust me these small terriers were bred for this to hunt vermin. Get a dog. You can train it and not have to worry. (I would never just let a cat out in the yard)
Get a cat from a farm! **Make sure you take it to the vet right off and get it checked out (should with any new cat any way)** But the farm cats are pretty rugged little things.
a very entergetic ginger cat or try a dog
Females are better hunters than males
  • last lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment