Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hunting rifle laws, where do I find them?

My father was recently given a small hunting rifle. Does he have to register it in California?Hunting rifle laws, where do I find them?
you do not actually have to register any gun in California. When he was given the gun, he was supposed to go through a background check/ waiting period, through an FFL, but now that he has possession of it, there are no other laws concerning having it registered.Hunting rifle laws, where do I find them?
Check with local law enforcement - I lived there for five years and owned many firearms and I never had to register them other than the ATF paperwork when I bought them.


Each local municipality may have it's own laws/ordinances.
You will find those laws in the ATF publication:


State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms


call ATF for a copy
I don't believe so, check with local law enforcement.
  • wrinkles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment