Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do you agree with hunting for the purpose of food?

I don't see a problem with it.


My hubby and sons hunt,(even one daughter does).


I don't eat what they hunt I hate gamey tasting meat.


Understand for most hunters it is not for the purpose of providing food, it is a sport to them. Mind you, I don't hunt and never could. But truly, to each his own.Do you agree with hunting for the purpose of food?
To answer your specific question, people who hunt for food do it because they have to. Whether you agree with it or not is not going to affect their decision one way or another. When you are trying to feed your own children, the one sided opinions of other inexperienced, privileged children have very very little bearing.





Offer them an alternative, a seriously viable and acceptable alternative and they might change their minds.





Calling them names like ';panzies'; because you don't agree with it reflects more of your character or lack thereof, your level of intelligence or lack thereof and your ignorance, or the excess of it.Do you agree with hunting for the purpose of food?
Do I agree with it? No, its not something that I do as a vegetarian (what would be the point?). I live in a developed part of the world (and since you're on the computer you probably do too), and the steady supply of vegetarian food means I don't need to look elsewhere for nutrition.





I do however believe that hunting is a better alternative to modern factory farming, and in less developed parts of the world it may even be necessary for survival. If people hunted meat instead of buying it pre-packaged at a grocery store, we wouldn't have the negative environmental effects of factory farming. Its far from idyllic, but its a better alternative at least.





Sport hunting, on the other hand, is something I see as completely unnecessary. I don't think I'll consider it a sport until hunters go in with only their fists or we teach deer how to shoot back. Hmmm... sounds like an idea for a reality TV show.
I think hunting is a great source of food.


Each year I hunt and stock my freezer with venison. I rarely if ever have to pay for meat.


Also I get a true understanding of how the burger is made and that it just does not magically appear wrapped in the supermarket. I understand that life is precious and I think hunting makes me respect that more.





Even in a developed nation there are starving people. I donate each year to Hunters for the Hunger. This organization takes deer from people and butchers it than gives it needy people in our home towns.
No I don't.





Given the fact that are so many great sources of food in the forms of beans, grains, nuts, fruit and vegetables, there really is no need to *kill* in order to eat.





(Keep in mind I'm speaking from my own reality - being an American where food is plentiful, I would not even begin to suggest that my aforementioned stance is applicable to people all over the globe. I know some places are really impoverished and hunting is the ONLY way they can eat, as there are no alternatives with significant sustenance.)
I think it's even more noble than raising your own food (which I do)....the animal is allowed to live its life the way it should and is usually taken down quickly and enjoyed as the majestic animal it was......I am frankly very disturbed by the mention of hunting accidents being funny......where's the compassion?
I'd be grateful if more people got off their @sses and hunted and dressed their own meat rather than driving to a supermarket and paying for the flesh of animals that were forced to live in their own filth for their entire existence.





One could argue that it is a gift to die by a bullet than of starvation or being ravaged by predators.





I'm vegan so I don't get involved in any of it.





I think that hunting for pure sport is an insult to what it really should be.
Personally, I believe that hunting for sport is cruel. I could never deliberately kill an animal except maybe in self defense.





Responsible hunting may be more humane than meat processing plants so if one is a meat eater I don't think they should be against hunting if it is for food.
If you agree that we are animals too (homo sapient), then according to science animals only hunt for survival, rape in public, protect their territory and dictate over the weak- BUT not for passion. Human (not humane) deviate this context even before the time of Nazi dictators.





Even though others do not hunt directly for you, but they hunt for people LIKE YOU.





Not everyone has the same instincts about ethics, however, and not all instincts appear to be equally valid. Indeed, we now widely condemn as unethical the instincts of ordinary Americans who enslaved blacks. And for all we know, a century from now people will condemn our generation for instincts we may now be uncritically harboring. It is easy for us to criticize the prejudices of our grandfathers, from which our fathers freed themselves. It is more difficult to distance ourselves from our own views, so that we can dispassionately search for prejudices among the beliefs and values we hold. Likewise, it's important that ethics, whenever possible, avoid deferring to potentially prejudiced instincts. As rational beings, we are not required to be slaves to these instincts.
I think it would be fair if hunters couldn't take weapons. Then they would have to prove that they are at the top of the food chain. Hunters never welcome a fair fight. I would have to agree that they are indeed pansies. And yes hunting accidents are humorous. It's not so fun when you are the wrong side of the bullet.
In America hunting is a sport.





In other countries it is the only source of food they might have.





All you people who say its such a bad thing to hunt I have news for you.


Because you want to live in a big suburb home less dear and other animals are able to live off that land. making compition for food greater.


This causes many animals to just die because of starvation or hit by a car. I think hunting them is a little more humane than to hit them with your car.
Mushroom hunting is fine (morels--yum).


Other hunting is totally unnecessary. All the hunters I come in contact with (and unfortunately, where I live, that is a considerable number) are in it for sport and find a sick joy out of watching an animal die.





As far as needing animal flesh to live--that's crap! I've been vegetarian for 7 years and I'm not hurting! There are plenty of alternatives and growing vegetables and legumes is WAY cheaper than buying all the gear for hunting!





I would love to actually see a hunter and the hunted given the same tools and see how much of a sport it is.





The video below is quite possibly the best video ever :o)
well realy it is bad enough that some people find fun in killing something but for fod i believe that should be a last resort. But your a hunter and Im a vegetarean so i dont think you really care and you dont need to hunt in todays orld you have supermarkets to get meat so its kinda pointless o hunt for food and admit that hunters are just redneck murderers
Nothing tastes better than fresh venison. Much more lean than beef too. More humane, but narrow minded veggie heads will still diss it. They insist on being difficult.


I also hunt for sport, like coyote. Unfortunately someone has to. Look at the coyotes that dragged off children in california. Same with mountain lions. If no one controls the population they outgrow there range and travel into metro areas and that when they attack hikers. A male lions range is hundreds of miles, and often younger ones are chased off. Thats when they get close to people and think, dinner time. Its a problem. Would you rather euthanize them? hahaha
Yes. People need food. If people don't eat, they'll die. I don't believe in killing animals for fun, but for food...fine.





Look at the famine in parts of the world...are they supposed to just die, or should they hunt?





It's called a food chain.
yes. with closely governed limits of course. i think it is the most ethical way that a person can get meat.





of course i dont do it myself, cause i dont eat meat.
I'm not for or against. But, it is certainly WAAYYY better buying meats from the store, when those animals were under horrid conditions.
Yes as long as it is done as humanely as possible and not for sport. I would much rather people hunt for their meat than getting it from factory farms.
For food and sport. and population control.
we just got a camper!! an old one but we are excited!! we are veggies, and we plan on going fishing...and see what is growing out there for lunch...
Yes if you need it and are starving...But otherwise its such a senseless act..
Hunting is for panzies.
no, not for me





tracy, that video is so funny, ith ought hunters were brave ??
absolutely not!


i hate that.


stupid rednecks.


they do it all the time where i live.


%26amp; i dont see a point for good purposes.


just go to the store or grow food.


but gosh, thats not cool.


hope i helped:)
I LOVE HUNTING ACCIDENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment