Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have racoons hunting the pets in the neighborhood, how do i stop them?

they are killing the nieghborhood pets for food, cats and small dogs.I have racoons hunting the pets in the neighborhood, how do i stop them?
call animal control until something is done keep your pets inside as much as possible and tell your neighbors the sameI have racoons hunting the pets in the neighborhood, how do i stop them?
Feed them Alpo
It is very unusual for raccoons to act aggressively towards pets; are sure raccoons are responsible and not, say, coyotes?
take away their guns
i have never heard of a racoon ging after pets, try getting a trap for the coon and keep the pets inside as much as possable.
I agree with James - it's very unusual for raccoons to prey on cats or dogs for food. Raccoons are scavengers and may eat what some other animal has left behind. They will defend themselves if cornered but I've never heard of a raccoon killing cats or dogs for food.
there are traps you can buy or get from animal control.
Call animal control. They may come out and trap them.
call animal control in your community. if that doesn't work, set traps that look like cocker spaniels.
We have lots of racoons in our area. I would say it is unusual that they would be killing and eating smaller pets.





But I can say that I have seen racoons attack two different German Shepards (average size) of ours. Sometimes it was provoked and sometimes not. Racoons are vicious.
bring in a trapper
shoot them or trap them
Highly doubtful, I submit.

No comments:

Post a Comment