Saturday, August 21, 2010

If you were out hunting and your dog got attacked by a bear and was slowly dying a painfull death?

Who you shoot him and take him out of miseryIf you were out hunting and your dog got attacked by a bear and was slowly dying a painfull death?
Far from a vet and the dog is suffering and can't be saved?Absolutely. I would be thankful I had a gun, although regretting I hadn't shot the bear before he got my dog.





Heck, if I were gutted by a bear with no chance of survival and doomed to die a slow agonizing death I would want someone to shoot me.If you were out hunting and your dog got attacked by a bear and was slowly dying a painfull death?
Now THAT'S pretty STUPID,isn't it????





OF COURSE!!!





BUT...seeing as it's YOU asking....How would YOU know what was ';FATAL'; injuries or NOT???





**I** would.
Wow, tough one. For me I suppose it would depend. A pet in pain can be dangerous and bite. (Kinda like a wife wanting to attack her husband while she's going through childbirth. Luckily, it wasn't an option for him to put me out of my misery.)





My dad would most definitely shoot an animal in dying pain. I would be more likely to hold it and comfort it until it passed away. But I would Not rule out shooting it. I think it is a deeply personal decision and should be decided based upon the level of pain of and compassion for your companion.
It would depend on how bad the dog was hurt.
You'd better deal the the angry bear first, or there won't be anybody to look after your poor dog!
that will depend on the condition of the dog and his repairability.
if its my dog i would.and if its your dog and you wouldnt i would .i had to put my dog down last year due to a snake bite, a copperhead bit him on the face and after 45 minutes he was slobbering like a rabid animal.he laid down then got up and walked a little then laid down again after doing this 4 times and we he was lying down i gave him a bottle of water just to keep his throat wet he walked down the ridge 40 some yards and he wouldnt come back when i called.ive heard that dogs know when they are dying but i fiigured that already. i was about a half mile from my truck and he had walked a half mile to catch up with me.but i knew i couldnt watch him suffer so i always had a 22 rifle with me so i shot and missed him the first tim. he was 15 years old and i got him when he was 2 at the animal shelter. but the 2nd shot was in the back of his head.i was relieved that my left eye didnt tear again.i had tears in my left eye the first shot because i knew what i had to do.in my lifetime which is growing shorter i will never have another dog.
that depends do you have time to take him to the vet? if not then yes i would shoot him. but if you could then i would do my best to get him there.
go to the vet
Unfortunatlly, been there done that. And yes if the dammage to the dog is bad enough I would (and have) put it down. This is not as uncommon a problem with Hounds as one would think, and it is one of the reasons that we spend so much time on ';trash breaking'; as we do.
depends on how hurt he is and since I dont own a gun I would bring him to a vet and let them decide what to do. I would hope to save him, I get attached to animals very easily
if he is slowly dying then you might have time to get him to a vet , if he is in extreme pain due to his guts and spinal cord hanging out on the ground then you might think about doing him and your family a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment