Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm hunting for a new job. How will my chances be affected by saying I'm going travelling for 3months next Sep?

btw. I already have a job. I just don't like it. Do I stick to it and resign before traveling or go for the upfront approach with potential new employers? I work in the Travel industry at what would be described as middle management level...I'm hunting for a new job. How will my chances be affected by saying I'm going travelling for 3months next Sep?
Either look for a long term temp position, or stick it out at your current company. No new company is going to be thrilled to hear that you'll be leaving just as you've reached a point of competency in training. Also, no company is under any obligation to hold a job open for you when you return from your travels. You'll just be starting your job search over again when you return from your trip.
  • wrinkles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment