Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What are the best scent eliminatiors for deer hunting?

I use Scent-A-Way fresh earth %26amp; I believe it works. I wash my clothes with just water %26amp; hang on clothes line, then bag them... If I wear them in the morning, I hang them on line in middle of day, if possible...I bathe with unscented glycerin soap.. I put my clothes on just before I hunt... %26amp; just before going in woods to hunt, I mist boots, even the bottoms... %26amp; lightly over my clothes, hands, gloves, hat %26amp; lightly over my head with Scent-a-way... It smells like dirt, but It works!What are the best scent eliminatiors for deer hunting?
I have used the scent away products and they do help. With everything they are not the end all be all. Since I have started using the products I have never been winded, that I know off.





Again they do help, especially if you are in brushy areas that yeild under 50 yard shots.





Had 2 mature bucks 15-45 yards downwind, harvested a 125'; deer 2 weeks ago. After I shot the nine pointer, the 8 pointer was still running around not knowing were I was. He was only 20 yards from my stand when I shot.What are the best scent eliminatiors for deer hunting?
Quite frankly scent eliminators are a waste of money unless you bow hunt. I shot a deer smoking a cigarette one time. Just like camouflage. Its useless as well unless you bow hunt. I hunt in a pair of green pants made by carhartt,and depending how cold it is depends on how many layers I have, and a brown jacket.
I'll tell you my little secret. I put my clothes in a box I have filled with dirt about 2 weeks before season begins. It helps. Also when you take a bath, then use a soap that is not scented. I hunt from down wind, but sometimes, the deer will surprise you and come from that way. I don't have a big problem with scent control. Sometimes, the deer come right up to within 10 yards.
There is one that uses charcoal that comes in a black bottle. It turns your clothes black, but it works like nothing else will. My first bow kill buck was a 120'; buck that was 30 yards straight down wind. He was with about 10 does. Not one of those deer had an inkling I was there.
Here is a do it your self recipe


Works as good as the store bought stuff


http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread鈥?/a>
Never used, needed, or found it necessary in order to be successful while Hunting.*

No comments:

Post a Comment